- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Seamstress Restaurant & Bar
Seamstress Restaurant & Bar Review
This bar-restaurant occupies a heritage-listed four-story building that has housed an undergarment manufacturer, a 1930s sweat shop, and even a brothel and a Buddhist temple (but not at the same time). Asian dishes, in small, medium, and large portions, are designed to be shared. Everything is served in an atmospheric brick-walled first-floor dining area decorated with swaths of fabric, and sewing macines; the wine selection is stored in battered metal luggage lockers. Small dishes include pods of snake bean and golden sweet kumaro poached in wanton pastry, green pea and coriander puree. Favorite medium dishes include the sublime crisp-fried fish of the day—perhaps hapuka—marinated in soybean and garlic paste, and served with a salad of dried guava and aromatic herbs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more