- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Queen Victoria Market
Queen Victoria Market Review
Queen Victoria Market has buzzed with food shoppers since 1878. With more than 1,000 mostly open-air stalls, this sprawling, spirited bazaar is the city's prime produce outlet—many Melburnians come here to buy strawberries, fresh flowers, imported cheeses, meat and eye-bright fresh fish. On Sunday there is less food and more great deals on jeans, T-shirts, and souvenirs. It's open Tuesday and Thursday 6–2, Friday 6–5, Saturday 6–3, and Sunday 9–4. Market tours take you deep inside the labyrinth, and cooking classes are conducted by well-known chefs.Wandering entertainers and aromatic hot food stalls add to the vibe at the Suzuki Night Market, open 5:30 to 10 pm on Wednesday from November to late-February; this market focuses on art, crafts and gifts.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more