- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
State Library of Victoria
State Library of Victoria Review
On a rise behind lawns and heroic statuary, this handsome 1853 building was constructed during the gold-rush boom. Today more than 1.5 million volumes are housed here, as well as bushranger Ned Kelly's famous armor. Large reading areas—including the splendid domed reading room up the grand staircase—make this a comfortable place for browsing, and three galleries display works from the library's Pictures Collection.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more