- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
First opened in 1974, this iconic Romanesque bakery has moved around Carlton on several occasions, and the masses have followed with it—the latest move being in 2013 when they opened their biggest undertaking in the heart of Lygon St. Despite its large size, the bakery is still filled with perfect biscotti, mouthwatering cakes, and great service. In addition to an expanded lunch menu, a wood-fire oven—specially imported from Italy—makes pizzas, and you can finish it all off with a perfect espresso—or European-style hot chocolate (thick)—and cornetto con crema (custard-filled croissant). You can enjoy all these tempting delights with the opening of branches in Flinders Lane and Myer department store in Bourke Street, while outlets in Fitzroy and Camberwell, a couple of miles east of Richmond, satisfy suburban sugar fiends and coffee cravers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Hi, I am planning a trip to Australia end of May for about 12 days. Read more