- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Melbourne Aquarium Review
Become part of the action as you stroll through a transparent tunnel surrounded by water and the denizens of the deep on the prowl. Or press your nose to the glass in the Antarctica exhibition and watch King and Gentoo penguins waddling around on ice and darting through water. You can also don snow gear and sit among the penguins. If you're feeling brave, do a shark dive—they're held daily, include scuba equipment, and are led by an instructor. The aquamarine building illuminates a previously dismal section of Yarra River bank, opposite Crown Casino.
- Address: Flinders and King Sts., City Center, Melbourne, VIC 3000 | Map It
- Phone: 03/9620–0999
- Cost: A$33.50, shark dives from A$183, Penguin Passport A$290
- Hours: Feb.–Dec., daily 9:30–6; Jan., daily 9:30–9 (last admission at 8).
- Website: www.melbourneaquarium.com.au
- Location: City Center
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more