- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bourke Street Mall
Bourke Street Mall Review
Once the busiest east—west thoroughfare in the city, Bourke Street Mall is now a pedestrian zone—but watch out for those trams! Two of the city's biggest department stores are here; an essential part of growing up in Melbourne is being taken to Myer at Christmas to see the window displays.
Myer. Myer 314-336 Bourke St., between Elizabeth and Swanston Sts., City Center, Melbourne, VIC, 3000. 03/9661-1111.
David Jones. David Jones 310 Bourke St., between Elizabeth and Swanston Sts., City Center, Melbourne, VIC, 3000. 03/9643-2222.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1279* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,279 Air New Zealand
My other half and I recently spent a lovely four day weekend in Margaret River, thanks to the rare occurrence of a rotating Friday off and a Monday public holiday.
For those wanting the wordless version, Read more
This was our fifth trip to Australia to teach songwriting workshops. Read more
My wife and I are at the preliminary planning stages of a trip to New Zealand. Read more