- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Park Hyatt Melbourne
At a Glance
- lavish appointments, new king-size beds, world-class service
- slightly removed from the city center, fee for in-room wifi
Check Rates from our Partners
Park Hyatt Melbourne Review
Set right next to Fitzroy Gardens and opposite St. Patrick's Cathedral, this is one of Melbourne's most elegant hotels. It's also a popular choice for celebrities (such as Pink who stayed there in early 2009), though you'd never know: its slightly removed location and three entrances allow the famous to slip through unnoticed. Warm colors, rich wood paneling, and Art Deco–style furnishings adorn the rooms—all of which have walk-in wardrobes, king-size beds, Italian marble bathrooms, iPod docking stations, Nespresso coffee machines, and roomy, modern work spaces. Suites are even more luxurious, some with fireplaces, terraces, and hot tubs. The seven-level radii restaurant and bar is artsy and chic; and contemporary artworks by international talents are on exhibit throughout the hotel (some are for sale). The pool is enormous for a city hotel.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more