- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Hotel Windsor
The Hotel Windsor Review
Not just a grand hotel, the Windsor is home to one of Melbourne's proudest institutions—the ritual of afternoon tea (A$59 mid-week), which is served daily 2:30–4:30 with an additional session noon–2 on Friday. An even more indulgent dessert buffet (A$79), complete with chocolate fountain and other goodies, is served on weekends noon–2 and 2:30–4:30. Although the Grand Ball Room—a belle epoque extravaganza with a gilded ceiling and seven glass cupolas—is reserved for private functions, occasionally afternoon tea is served there, so it's best to call first to check.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
Hi, Im going to be in Australia mid-February. Read more