Tennis in Melbourne
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Australian Open. The Australian Open, held in January, is one of the world's four Grand Slam tournaments. You can buy tickets at the event or from Ticketek. Batman Ave., Melbourne, VIC. www.australianopen.com.
Powlett Reserve Tennis Centre. Powlett Reserve Tennis Centre has five synthetic-grass outdoor courts. Powlett Reserve, Albert St., East Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC, 3002. 03/9417–6511. powlettreservetenniscentre.com.
Fawkner Park Tennis Centre. Fawkner Park Tennis Centre has six synthetic-grass outdoor courts. Fawkner Park, Toorak Rd. W, South Yarra, Melbourne, VIC, 3141. 03/9820–0611. www.fawknerparktenniscentre.com.
Melbourne Park Tennis Centre. Melbourne Park Tennis Centre has 26 outdoor and 12 hard indoor Rebound Ace courts, plus 8 Italian Clay Courts. Play is canceled during the Australian Open in January. Batman Ave., City Center, Melbourne, VIC, 3000. 1300/836647. www.mopt.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's