Tennis in Melbourne
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Australian Open. The Australian Open, held in January, is one of the world's four Grand Slam tournaments. You can buy tickets at the event or from Ticketek. www.australianopen.com.
Melbourne & Olympic Parks. Melbourne & Olympic Parks Batman Ave., City Center, Melbourne, VIC, 3000. 03/9286-1600. www.mopt.com.au.
Powlett Reserve Tennis Centre. Powlett Reserve Tennis Centre has five synthetic-grass outdoor courts. Powlett Reserve, Albert St., East Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC, 3002. 03/9417-6511. www.powlettreservetenniscentre.com.au.
Fawkner Park Tennis Centre. Fawkner Park Tennis Centre has six synthetic-grass outdoor courts. Fawkner Park, Toorak Rd. W, South Yarra, Melbourne, VIC, 3141. 03/9820-0611. www.fawknerparktenniscentre.com.
Melbourne Park Tennis Centre. Brought your racket? Melbourne Park Tennis Centre has 22 outdoor and 4 hard indoor Rebound Ace courts. Play is canceled during the Australian Open in January. Batman Ave., City Center, Melbourne, VIC, 3000. 1300/836647. www.mopt.com.au.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe