Golf in Melbourne
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Melbourne has the largest number of championship golf courses in Australia.
Albert Park Golf Course. Four kilometers (2½ mi) south of the city, Albert Park Golf Course is an 18-hole, par-72 course beside Albert Park Lake, where the Formula 1 Grand Prix is held in March. Greens fees are A$20 (9 holes, weekdays only) and A$27–A$29 (18 holes). Queens Rd., Albert Park, Melbourne, VIC, 3206. 03/9510–5588.
Brighton Public Golf Course. The 18-hole, par-67 Brighton Public Golf Course has lovely scenery, with trees and wetlands, but is quite busy on weekends and midweek mornings. Club rental is available. Greens fees are A$18 (9 holes), A$25.50 (18 holes). 232 Dendy St., Brighton, Melbourne, VIC, 3186. 03/9592-1388. www.brightongolfcourse.com.au.
Ivanhoe Public Golf Course. Ivanhoe Public Golf Course, an 18-hole, par-68 course, is well suited to the average golfer and is open to the public every day except holidays. Greens fees are A$20 (9 holes) and A$26 (18 holes). Vasey St., East Ivanhoe, Melbourne, VIC, 3079. 03/9499–7001. www.ivanhoegolf.com.au.
Sandringham Golf Links. Five minutes from the beach, Sandringham Golf Course is one of the better public courses, and one of several in Melbourne's renowned (coastal) Sand Belt. Sandringham is an 18-hole, par-72 course. Greens fees are A$27 (18 holes) and A$16.80 (9 holes). Cheltenham Rd., Sandringham, Melbourne, VIC, 3191. 03/9598–3590. www.sandringhamgolfcourse.com.au.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe