Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- cute and cozy
- great food
- upstairs rooms have character, but they're small
Check Rates from our Partners
Merrijig Inn Review
One of Victoria's oldest inns, this beautifully restored 1841 Georgian-style building overlooks Port Fairy's working wharf from King George Square. Among the locally sourced seasonal dishes you might find on the menu ($$$) are country pork terrine and Quinlan's porterhouse with mushrooms and marrow butter. The restaurant is closed Tuesday and Wednesday and serves dinner only. Accommodation is a mix of ground-floor suites with snug sitting rooms and iPod docking stations and storybook attic bedrooms. The roaring fireplaces are perfect for whiling away the hours with a good book. Breakfast is served in the light-filled conservatory with views of the charming cottage garden.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's