Fresh seafood—from fried calamari to roasted flathead—is the draw at this Lorne institution, which has been going strong since 1989 and now counts third-generation customers among regulars. The decor is "funky seaside," with bright walls, blue chairs, and a smattering of local art and sculpture for sale. The menu changes daily depending on what the fishermen have caught and what's growing in the restaurant's garden, but you'll always find oysters and steak on the menu, along with Atlantic salmon, and perhaps Sicilian seafood soup. To finish there's nothing more delicious than the house-churned icecream. It's open for dinner only and located on the main road across from the beach.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe