Getting Here and Around in Port Fairy
Getting Here and Around
The most convenient form of transport is by car; the 377-km (234-mile) trip along the Great Ocean Road from Melbourne takes about 6½ hours, and it's advisable to break the journey, as there's so much to see along the way. It's a shorter trip if you take the Princes Highway (M1). V/Line trains travel from Melbourne's Southern Cross Station to Warrnambool (three hours), and V/Line buses then make the short distance (29 km/18 miles) to Port Fairy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's