Getting Here and Around
The most convenient form of transport is by car; the 377-km (234-mi) trip along the Great Ocean Road from Melbourne takes about six and a half hours, and it's advisable to break the journey, as there's so much to see along the way. It's a shorter trip if you take the Princes Highway (M1). V/Line trains travel from Melbourne's Southern Cross Station to Warrnambool (3 hours), and V/Line buses then make the short distance (29-km) to Port Fairy.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe