Hiking and Walking
The Port Campbell National Park area, which is home to the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard George, and other amazing landforms, has many good walks. Most are along wooden boardwalks; some also include steep stairs down to the beach. The Visitor Centre at Port Campbell has all the details.
Inland from Port Campbell is the Camperdown-Timboon Rail Trail (also known as the Coast to Crater Rail Trail). It passes by lakes and streams and open volcanic plains. It is suitable for walkers and mountain bikers. The 36-km (22-mi) trail has good signage. Ask at the tourist offices for details.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Hiking and Walking
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's