Great Ocean Road Travel Guide
Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Plan Your Great Ocean Road Vacation
The Great Ocean Road, which snakes along Victoria's rugged and windswept southwestern coast, is arguably the country's most spectacular coastal drive. The road, built during the Great Depression along majestic cliffs, occasionally dips down to sea level. Here, in championship surfing country, some of the world's finest waves pound mile after mile of uninhabited, golden, sandy beaches and rocky headlands.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Great Ocean Road restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Great Ocean Road
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's