Top Reasons to Go to Victoria
The Amazing Outdoors: Victoria has outstanding national parks. Bushwalking, canoeing, fishing, rafting, and horse riding are all on the menu. If you're pushed for time, there are organized day trips to Port Campbell and the outcrops of the Grampians National Park.
Golden Country: You can still pan for gold—and find it—in rivers about an hour northwest of Melbourne. Today's main attractions though are the beautiful 19th-century towns constructed from the riches of the goldfields. Walking trails outline the stories of lucky strikes and miners' fights for justice.
Wonderful Wineries: You'll find hundreds of wineries across the state, particularly in the Yarra Valley, Rutherglen, and on the Mornington Peninsula. Winery tours, departing from Melbourne, are a relaxing way to see four to five wineries in one day.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's