Metricup Bird Park
Metricup Bird Park Review
You'll soon be wearing a coat of many colors as friendly rainbow lorikeets attach themselves to your head, neck, arms, and hands in the open aviary. Wander around the leafy farmland setting, alive with squawking, and interact with a colorful mix of Australian native parrots including Rex a rare Baudin Cockatoo. Large walk-through avaries contain about 64 varieties of birds—a rare opportunity to view them up close. Not for the bird phobic, but highly entertaining for bird-lovers and kids. Pay attention to any signs that warn: "I bite." Gift shop, tea, coffee, and barbecue facilities available.
- Phone: 08/9755–7085
- Cost: A$10
- Hours: Closed Fri.
- Location: Leeuwin–Naturaliste National Park
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more