Families are welcomed at this large vineyard restaurant and café with its impressive modern architecture: big windows, and a wraparound deck offer uninterrupted views. The main restaurant menu changes each season; choices like the local marron, sweet corn puree and roasted leek topped with mojito foam, or the lamb shoulder slow braised in red wine and served with confit garlic, smoked mash potato, and wild rice popcorn are show-stopping dishes. The adjacent café has an enclosed children's playground and caters to children with an appropriate, cheaper menu that still scores on the flavor scale in a casual setting. While the cellar door and restaurant are top-notch in terms of design and construction, it's the seriously award winning wines that will hold your attention. Try the signature dish—the chef's Taste Plate consisting of all five entrée choices for A$56. You can be really decadent and do the same with the dessert dishes, for A$35.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more