Vasse Felix Review
Here you'll find a busy cellar door, excellent upstairs restaurant overlooking the vineyards, landscaped grounds, and an art gallery that houses regular exhibitions from the celebrated Holmes à Court Collection, featuring works from prominent Australian artists. In the winery, Virginia Willcock, who was awarded Australian Winemaker of the Year in 2012, is at the helm, perfecting the region's strong suits of Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon, as well as developing clean, flavorsome Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, and Shiraz. Grapes are plucked from vines planted as far back as 1967, when pioneer Dr. Tom Cullity established Vasse Felix as one of the first commercial wineries in the area. The award-winning, fine-dining restaurant has been headed by executive chef, Aaron Carr since 1995 and is regarded as one of the region's best. With its feature floating fireplace it's welcoming in winter—book in advance for a table on the outside balcony during summertime.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more