Cullen Wines Review
Biodynamic? Tick. Home-grown produce? Tick. Gorgeous vineyard setting? Tick. Stellar wines. Tick, tick, tick. Cullen isn’t the flashiest winery in Margaret River, but its rustic, cottage feel is a strong part of the allure. Family owned since it began, it has long followed an ethos to care for the planet and exist sustainably, and it seems Mother Nature is returning the favor. Fresh, flavorsome ingredients from the organic kitchen garden give considerable sparkle to the dishes. Think organic beef sirloin with pureed spinach and pumpkin and white bean salad, or seared scallops with pomegranate and octopus salad. Meanwhile, the cellar door serves crisp, clean, biodynamic wines with a pleasing flavour punch. Make a point of trying the exceptional Diana Madeline Cabernet Merlot. Enjoy lunch outside under the peppercorn trees in the sunshine.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more