Cape Mentelle Review
One of the "founding five" wineries in the area, Cape Mentelle planted their first vines in 1970 on a 16-hectare block just outside Margaret River. Today it's still one of the most notable wineries. The adobe-style rammed-earth building and tasting rooms, so typical of the buildings in the Margaret River district, are as handsome and memorable as the wine. The winery produces chardonnay, sauvignon blanc/semillon, Botrytis Viognier (dessert wine), cabernet/merlot, cabernet sauvignon, shiraz, and zinfandel wines. They also offer private tours and tastings (A$25), and a degustation tour and tasting (A$70) on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 11:30 am. In summer enjoy a balmy evening of food, wine, and film at "Movies in the vineyard."
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more