Flutes Restaurant Review
The pastoral setting over the dammed waters of Wilyabrup Brook, encircled by olive groves in the midst of the Brookland Valley Vineyard, is almost as compelling as the cuisine. French bistro fare is mixed with tropical influences from the northern Australian town of Broome. Executive chef and restaurant owner François Morvan makes use of prime local produce, executing a variety of mouthwatering dishes including the ever-popular Chinese-style shredded duck with Rottnest scallops and candied chillis. You're unlikely to be disappointed by the "signature trio" of marron, salmon, and ocean-reared barramundi topped with goat cheese macadamia crumble, or the duck magret dotted with caper berries. The beef fillet also goes down well with a glass of one of Brookland Valley's award-winning wines. Reserve a seat by the window, or on the wooden deck that juts out over the picturesque dam.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more