Banks and Currency Exchange
Banks where you can exchange money and cash traveler's checks, including ANZ, Westpac, National Australia, Bankwest, and the Commonwealth Bank, are open weekdays, generally 9:30-4. There are ATMs (which accept Cirrus, Plus, Visa, and MasterCard), and all major credit cards are widely accepted at restaurants, lodgings, and shops.
Margaret River Hospital (Farrelly St., Margaret River, Margaret River, WA, 6285. 08/9757–0400 or.)
Police (13–1444 assistance; 08/9222–1111 general inquiries; 000 Emergency.)
Margaret River Taxis (08/9757–3444.)
Margaret River Visitor Centre. Margaret River Visitor Centre has extensive information on the region. The friendly staff will answer all your questions, and can book accommodation, tours, and activities at no additional cost. 100 Bussell Hwy., Margaret River, WA, 6285. 08/9780–5911. www.margaretriver.com. Daily 9–5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe