Margaret River is a year-round destination, with each season bringing its pleasures. Summer is generally busier, especially December and January, as families from Perth arrive during the school holidays. Winter (May-September) brings rain and cooler temperatures, but the paddocks are green and there are not too many days when the rain doesn't ease to showers with lengthy fine breaks in between. If you are traveling from Perth, you can easily spend a week in the region; at the least, try to schedule several days to truly appreciate the area's attractions.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe