Getting Here and Around
From Perth take the Kwinana Freeway south; it joins the Forrest Highway and then Highway 1 down the coast to Bunbury. Switch to Highway 10 through Busselton, then Caves Road to Dunsborough. If you drive from Perth, it will take around 3 hours. Alternatively, South West Coachlines (08/9261 7600 southwestcoachlines.com.au) has daily coach services from Perth Central Bus Station at the Esplanade Bus Port on Mounts Bay Road to South West towns, including Dunsborough. Once here, a rental car is recommended, as there is limited public transport, and some accommodations are in bushland or beach settings away from the towns.
Dunsborough Car Rentals. Late-model vehicles are available at reasonable rates for touring the Margaret River region. 201 Geographe Bay Rd., Quindalup, Dunsborough, WA, 6281. 1800/449007. www.dunsboroughcarrentals.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's