Getting Here and Around
From Perth take the Kwinana Freeway south; it joins the Forrest Highway and then Highway 1 down the coast to Bunbury. Switch to Highway 10 through Busselton, then Caves Road to Dunsborough. If you drive from Perth, it will take around 3 hours. Alternatively, South West Coachlines (08/9261 7600 southwestcoachlines.com.au) has daily coach services from Perth Central Bus Station at the Esplanade Bus Port on Mounts Bay Road to South West towns, including Dunsborough. Once here, a rental car is recommended, as there is limited public transport, and some accommodations are in bushland or beach settings away from the towns.
Dunsborough Car Rentals. Dunsborough Car Rentals has late-model vehicles available at reasonable rates for touring the Margaret River region. 201 Geographe Bay Rd., Quindalup, Dunsborough, WA, 6281. 1800/449007. www.dunsboroughcarrentals.com.au.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe