The north-facing coastline of Geographe Bay from Busselton to Cape Naturaliste—unique in Western Australia because of its aspect—provides long sandy beaches and coves readily accessible from Dunsborough. From Dunsborough village, simply walk about 500 meters down to the sandy beach, which stretches east and west for miles. Heading toward Cape Naturaliste, the coastline changes into sandy bays and coves bracketed by rocky headlands. Meelup Beach is popular with families; its sister beach, Castle Rock, just around the headland, is a little quieter. Another charming sheltered beach is Eagle Bay, closer to the cape, with multimillion-dollar homes perched along the hillside. The only facilities you will find at these beaches are public toilets.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe