- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Emu Run Tours. Emu Run Tours has a one-day tour by air-conditioned bus to all the major sights in the park, including Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm, the Ochre Pits, and Ormiston Gorge. The cost is from A$199. 25 Undoolya Rd., Alice Springs, Alice Springs, NT, 0870. 08/8953–7057. www.emurun.com.au.
Trek Larapinta. Trek Larapinta has small-group guided bushwalks along the Larapinta Trail. Their six-day tour costs from A$1,690; a longer tour completing the whole trail is 18 days (A$4,800). 0428/402027. www.treklarapinta.com.au.
Wayoutback Desert Safaris. Wayoutback Desert Safaris has a two-and-a-half day, four-wheel-drive tour to the West MacDonnells, camping out overnight. The cost is from A$445. 30 Kidman St., Alice Springs, Alice Springs, NT, 0870. 08/8952–4324. www.wayoutback.com.au.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe