- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Emu Run Tours. Emu Run Tours has a one-day tour by air-conditioned bus to all the major sights in the park, including Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm, the Ochre Pits, and Ormiston Gorge. The cost is from A$199. 25 Undoolya Rd., Alice Springs, Alice Springs, NT, 0870. 08/8953-7057. www.emurun.com.au.
Trek Larapinta. Trek Larapinta has small-group guided bushwalks along the Larapinta Trail. Their six-day tour costs from A$1,690; a longer tour completing the whole trail is 18 days (A$4,800). Box 3317, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, NT, 0871. 0428/402027. www.treklarapinta.com.au.
Wayoutback Desert Safaris. Wayoutback Desert Safaris has a two-and-a-half day, four-wheel-drive tour to the West MacDonnells, camping out overnight. The cost is from A$445. 30 Kidman St., Alice Springs, Alice Springs, NT, 0870. 08/8952-4324. www.wayoutback.com.au.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $3679 & up -- Australia: Outback Adventure w/Tours & Air Qantas Vacations
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- Papua New Guinea & the Sepik River — $9,995 IExplore