- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kings Canyon Resort
At a Glance
- deluxe rooms offer floodlit views of adjacent ranges at night
- bush entertainment at the Outback BBQ dinner
- unless you opt for a guided tour you'll need your own transport to get to the canyon
Check Rates from our Partners
Kings Canyon Resort Review
The best place to stay near Watarrka National Park, this resort is 7 km (4½ miles) from the canyon. Accommodations include two- and four-bed lodge rooms in desert hues, and deluxe rooms each with a spa overlooking rugged rock formations. There are casual and upscale dining options, including the six-course Under a Desert Moon experience, and two swimming pools.
- Address: Watarrka National Park, Luritja Rd., Petermann, NT | Map It
- Phone: 08/8956–7442
- Website: www.kingscanyonresort.com.au
- Location: Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- 32 deluxe rooms, 96 standard rooms, 35 budget rooms, 72 powered caravan sites, unlimited tent sites.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more