- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glen Helen Gorge
Glen Helen Gorge Review
The gorge slices through the MacDonnell Ranges, revealing dramatic rock layering and tilting. The gorge was cut by the sporadic Finke River, often described as the oldest river in the world. Here the river forms a broad, cold, permanent water hole that's perfect for a bracing swim.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more