- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Simpsons Gap Review
This is the closest gorge to Alice Springs. There is a bicycle track that winds from the city center to the Gap. Stark-white ghost gums, red rocks, and the purple-haze mountains provide a taste of the scenery to be seen farther into the ranges. The gap can be crowded in the morning and late afternoon, since these are the best times to see rock wallabies.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more