- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS)
Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Review
This much-visited tourist attraction in Alice Springs has a theatre, interactive displays, and a full-scale replica of the fulselageof the service's current Pilatus PC12 aircraft. The site has long been the radio base for the Royal Flying Doctor Service, which directs doctors (using aircraft) on their housecalls to remote settlements and homes hundreds of miles apart. The RFDS is a vital part of Outback life and fascinating to visitors. The center has historical displays and an audiovisual show. Tours run every half hour throughout the year, and there's a good cafe at the back.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more