- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS)
Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Review
This much-visited tourist attraction in Alice Springs has a theatre, interactive displays, and a full-scale replica of the fulselageof the service's current Pilatus PC12 aircraft. The site has long been the radio base for the Royal Flying Doctor Service, which directs doctors (using aircraft) on their housecalls to remote settlements and homes hundreds of miles apart. The RFDS is a vital part of Outback life and fascinating to visitors. The center has historical displays and an audiovisual show. Tours run every half hour throughout the year, and there's a good cafe at the back.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more