- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Outback Ballooning. At dawn on most mornings hot-air balloons float in the sky around Alice Springs. Outback Ballooning makes hotel pickups about an hour before dawn and returns between 9 am and 10 am. The A$290 fee covers 30 minutes of flying time, insurance, and a champagne breakfast. A 60-minute flight costs A$385. Take warm clothes to beat the pre-dawn chill. 35 Kennett Ct, Ciccone, Alice Springs, NT, 0870. 1800/809–790. www.outbackballooning.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's