- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Perth and surroundings can be visited in two or three days, if you're short on time and plan to explore farther afield. Spend the first day in central Perth, visiting Kings Park, the Western Australian Museum, the Hay Street and Murray Street shopping malls and, perhaps, the Swan Bells Tower. On the second day, head to Fremantle, about 30 minutes by train, where you can spend the day exploring this heritage port city or even take a day-trip to Rottnest Island by ferry (30 minutes each way from Fremantle). An upriver cruise to the Swan Valley that includes a visit to a winery and lunch makes for a relaxing day. The third day offers a choice of one-day tours to attractions such as Nambung National Park—with its weird limestone formation—Margaret River, to visit its renowned wineries, or the Treetop Walk deep in the southern forests near Walpole (be aware this is a very long 14½-hour tour).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's