- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Australian Pinnacle Tours conduct day tours of Perth and its major attractions. You can also take a day tour of outer sights like Nambung National Park and the Pinnacles, Wave Rock near Hyden, and the Treetop Walk near Walpole. Australian Pacific Touring has trips from Perth to Monkey Mia. The Perth Tram Company has hop-on, hop-off circle trips around central Perth and to Kings Park on either a wooden replica tram or a double-decker, open-top bus. Tickets ($30) are valid for two days and you can get on and off as you choose. Book online and get 10% discount. If you stay on, the full tour takes 90 minutes by bus and two hours by tram.
Rottnest Express runs excursions to Rottnest Island one or two times daily from Perth and four times daily from Fremantle, depending on the season.
Captain Cook Cruises has trips on the Swan River, traveling from Perth to the Indian Ocean at Fremantle. Cruises cost A$25-A$149 and may include meals and wine. Oceanic Cruises offers whale-watching in season, September-November. Golden Sun Cruises also has tours upriver to the vineyards, as well as trips to Fremantle. Springtime in Western Australia (September-November) is synonymous with wildflowers, as 8,000 species blanket an area that stretches 645 km (400 mi) north and 403 km (250 mi) south of Perth. Tours of these areas are popular, and early reservations are essential. If you hire a car, check with local visitor centers to find out where the flowers are blooming.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel