- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Perth Zoo Review
Five minutes from Perth's CBD and more than 111 years old, Perth Zoo has established itself as a Western Australian icon. Expect lush gardens and the different native habitats of various animals from around the world. Walk among Australian animals in an environment depicting the diversity of Australia's native landscape. Discover the Reptile Encounter, Rainforest Retreat, and the Australian Bushwalk. For something a little more exotic, there's the African Savannah, with rhinoceros, giraffe, lions, cheetahs, and baboons, and the Asian Rainforest, with elephants, red pandas, tigers, otters, and a colony of Sumatran orangutans. Perth Zoo supports vital conservation both on-site and in the wild, and offers a fun and informative day out for young and old. A one-hour guided tour around the zoo on an electric Zebra Car, seating seven passengers and the driver, costs A$3.50.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more