At a Glance
- fauna is abundant
- tropical garden setting
- free bottled water in rooms
- some distance from park attractions
- limited amenities in rooms
- thin walls
- own transport essential
Check Rates from our Partners
Aurora Kakadu Review
This comfortable hotel has doubles and family rooms—which sleep up to five—spread through lush tropical gardens; the rooms and campgrounds are clean and provide good value for the money. There's plenty of local wildlife such as wallabies and corellas in and around the resort. Rates are significantly lower during the Wet. Gas (petrol) and diesel fuel are available.
- Address: Arnhem Hwy., 2½ km (1½ miles) before the highway crosses the South Alligator River Kakadu National Park, NT
- Phone: 08/8979–0166; 1800/818–845
- Website: www.auroraresorts.com.au
- Location: Kakadu National Park
- 138 rooms, 36 powered sites, 250 tent sites.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more