At a Glance
- fauna is abundant
- tropical garden setting
- free bottled water in rooms
- some distance from park attractions
- limited amenities in rooms
- thin walls
- own transport essential
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Aurora Kakadu Review
This comfortable hotel, its buildings reminiscent of lillypads, has doubles and family rooms that sleep up to five. Spread through lush tropical gardens, the rooms, bare cabins, and campgrounds are clean and provide good value for the money. Internet is provided in the reception area at A$6 per half hour. There's plenty of local wildlife such as wallabies and corellas in and around the resort. Rates are significantly lower during the Wet. Gas and diesel fuel are available.
- Address: On Arnhem Hwy., 2½ km (1½ mi) before the highway crosses the South Alligator River, Kakadu National Park, NT
- Phone: 08/8979–0166; 1800/818–845
- Website: www.auroraresorts.com.au
- Location: Kakadu National Park
- 138 rooms, 36 powered sites, 250 tent sites.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more