Twin Falls Review
As you approach the Twin Falls, the ravine opens up dramatically to reveal a beautiful sandy beach scattered with palm trees, as well as the crystal waters of the falls spilling onto the end of the beach. This spot is a bit difficult to reach, but the trip is rewarding. Take the road to Jim Jim Falls, turn off just before the parking lot, and travel 10 km (6 miles) farther to the Twin Falls parking lot. A regular boat shuttle (A$15; buy your tickets before you go at Bowali Visitor Centre or Gagudju Lodge in Cooinda) operates a return service up the Twin Falls gorge, and then you need to walk over boulders, sand, and a boardwalk to the falls. Saltwater crocodiles may be in the water in the gorge, so visitors are urged not to enter the water. The round-trip, including the boat shuttle, takes around two hours.
- Address: Off Jim Jim Rd., Kakadu National Park, NT
- Location: Kakadu National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more