Banks and Currency Exchange
Banks with dependable check-cashing and money-changing services include ANZ, Westpac, Commonwealth, Bendigo, Bank of Queensland, and National Australia Bank.
UAE Australia (62 South Terrace, Fremantle, Fremantle, WA, 6160. 1300/705050. www.xpressmoney.com.au. Mon.–Sat. 9:30–5, Sun. 10–5.)
Fremantle Hospital (Alma St., Fremantle, WA, 6160. 08/9431–3333 Fremantle Hospital; 000 Emergency; 1800/022 222 Health Direct/Medical Advice.)
Police (13–1444 assistance; 08/9222–1111 general inquiries; 000 emergency.)
Cab fare between 6 am and 6 pm weekdays is an initial A$3.80 plus A$1.55 every 1 km (½ mi). From 6 pm to 6 am and on weekends the rate rises to $5.60 plus A$1.55 per 1 km (½ mi).
Black & White (13–1008.)
Swan Taxis (13–1330.)
Fremantle Visitor Centre (Kings Sq. at High St., Fremantle, WA, 6160. 08/9431–7878. www.fremantlewa.com.au. Weekdays 9–5, Sat. 10–3, Sun. 11:30–2.30.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe