Fremantle Market Review
The Fremantle Market, established in 1897 and housed in a classic Victorian building sells everything. You'll find paintings, incense, and antiques in the Hall, and vegetables, sausages, and even Chinese takeout in the Yard. Around 150 stalls attract an eclectic mix of locals and tourists. On weekends and public holidays the market can get crowded, but a small café and the Market Bar are nice places to take a break and watch the street musicians.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more