Fremantle Market Review
The eclectic, artsy, and always bustling Fremantle Market has been housed in this huge Victorian building since 1897 and sells everything from WA landscape photographs to incense, freshly roasted coffee, toys, baby clothes, and fruit and vegetables out the back. You can also get street food, such as Turkish gozlemes, German sausages, corn on the cob, and fresh squeezed orange juice in the Yard. Around 150 stalls attract a colorful mix of locals and tourists. On weekends and public holidays the market can get crowded, but the Market Bar is a nice, if slightly shabby place to take a break and watch the buskers. Family-friendly events are also regularly held here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more