The Outback Feature
Top Reasons to Go to the Outback
Beach Heaven: Some of Australia's finest beaches are in Western Australia. Hundreds of kilometers of virtually deserted sandy coves and bays invite you to swim, surf, snorkel, or laze about.
National Parks: With spectacular terrain and one-of-a-kind plant and animal species, rugged national parks tell the story of Australia's ancient landforms, especially across the Top End and Kimberley regions.
Old Culture: The Red Centre, Top End, and the Kimberley are the best places to experience one of the oldest cultures in the world, that of Australia's Aborigines.
Top End Cooking: Innovative chefs blend immigrant Asian and European flavors with local produce to create distinctive plates.
Wine Trails: Follow the wine trails from Perth to the south coast to enjoy free tastings of internationally renowned wines at the cellar doors.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's