- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Banks and Currency Exchange
The main banks with tourist services are Westpac and Commonwealth on the intersection of Smith and Bennett streets. Banking hours are Monday-Thursday 9:30-4 and Friday 9:30-5. Currency-exchange facilities are available on Smith Street Mall and Mitchell Street.
Royal Darwin Hospital (Rocklands Dr. at Floreyr Ave., Tiwi, NT, 0800. 08/8922–8888.)
Police (000 emergency; 08/8922–3344 general inquiries.)
City Radio Taxis (08/8981–3777.)
Dart Taxis (08/8947-4300.)
Darwin Radio Taxis (13–1008 or 08/8985–0777.)
Top End Tourism. Top End Tourism 6 Bennett St., City Center, Darwin, NT, 0800. 08/8980–6000 or 1300/138886. www.tourismtopend.com.au.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe