- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Every day but Sunday, Darwin Day Tours conducts afternoon trips for A$69, and for A$145 (April–November) you can take the afternoon tour and finish with a harbor cruise. Tours include historic buildings, the main harbor, the Botanic Gardens, the Northern Territory Museum of Arts and Sciences, East Point Reserve, and Stokes Hill Wharf. Alternatively, for A$45 you can hop on and off the Tour Tub "City Sights" bus. It picks up at Knuckey Street, at the end of Smith Street Mall, and runs daily 9–4. Quirkier is the Duck About tour, using an amphibious vehicle to deliver you from land to water while seeing the sights, for ($40). Daytime and sunset cruises explore a harbor five times the size of Sydney's. A two-hour cruise on the Spirit of Darwin begins at A$65. Trips depart daily from Cullen Bay Marina between April and October.
Darwin Day Tours (1300/721–365. www.darwindaytours.com.au.)
Duck About Tours (1300/382–522. www.duckabout.com.au.)
Spirit of Darwin (0417/381–977. spiritofdarwin.com.au.)
Tour Tub (08/8985–6322. www.tourtub.com.au.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's