Fishing in Darwin
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Barramundi, the best-known fish of the Top End, can weigh up to 110 pounds and are excellent fighting fish that taste great on the barbecue afterward.
Equinox Fishing Charters. Equinox Fishing Charters has half day, day and extended fishing trips using the 38-foot Tsar, which is licensed to carry 12 passengers and two crew, and Equinox II, which can carry 18–20 people. Full-day fishing charters with all meals and tackle provided are from A$250 per person. Shop 2, 64 Marina Blvd., Cullen Bay, Darwin, NT, 0820. 08/8942–2199. www.equinoxcharters.com.au.
Northern Territory Fisheries Division's Recreational Fishing Office. The Northern Territory Fisheries Division's Recreational Fishing Office has information on licenses and catch limits. Berrimah Research Farm, Makagon Rd., Berrimah, Darwin, NT, 0828. 08/8999–2144. www.nt.gov.au/dpifm/Fisheries.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe