Fishing in Darwin
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Barramundi, the best-known fish of the Top End, can weigh up to 110 pounds and are excellent fighting fish that taste great on the barbecue afterward.
Equinox Fishing Charters. Equinox Fishing Charters has half day, day and extended fishing trips using the 38-foot Tsar, which is licensed to carry 12 passengers and two crew, and Equinox II, which can carry 18–20 people. Full-day fishing charters with all meals and tackle provided are from A$260 per person. Shop 2, 64 Marina Blvd., Cullen Bay, Darwin, NT, 0820. 08/8942–2199. www.equinoxcharters.com.au.
Northern Territory Fisheries Division's Recreational Fishing Office. The office has information on licenses and catch limits. Berrimah Research Farm, Makagon Rd., Berrimah, Darwin, NT, 0828. 08/8999–2144. www.nt.gov.au/dpifm/Fisheries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's