Getting Here and Around
The Bungle Bungle are 252 km (156 mi) south of Kununurra along the Great Northern Highway. A very rough, 55-km (34-mi) unpaved road, negotiable only in a four-wheel-drive vehicle, is the last stretch of road leading to the park from the turnoff near the Turkey Creek-Warmum Community. That part of the drive can take 2-3 hours, depending on the condition of the road. It's farther on to one of the three campgrounds, two public and one used by tour operators that is also available to self-drivers who prefer hot showers, flushing toilets, and regular beds. The most-visited section of the park is in the south, where there are rough walking trails to the main sights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's