APT Kimberley Wilderness Adventures conducts tours from Broome, which include excursions along Gibb River Road and into Purnululu National Park. Their 13-day Kimberley Complete tour includes the gorges along the Gibb River Road, the Aboriginal culture of the Mitchell Plateau, a scenic flight over the Mitchell Falls, Purnululu National Park, and an Aboriginal-guided tour through Geikie Gorge. The price is from A$6,995.
Broome Sightseeing Tours has a two-hour Broome town tour (A$50) that includes visits to Cable Beach, Gantheaume Point, Chinatown, Roebuck Bay, Sun Pictures, and the Japanese cemetery. It ends at Pearl Luggers in time for the attraction's next tour. A combination ticket must be prebought to access cheaper rates for both tours.
Pearl Sea Coastal Cruises has multiday Kimberley adventures along the region's magnificent coastline in their luxury Kimberley Quest 11 cruiser. All meals and excursions (including fishing trips) are included in the cost of A$8,345 for 7 days to A$12,095 for 13 days. Cruising season runs from March to September.
Astro Tours organizes entertaining, informative night-sky tours of the Broome area. Two-hour shows (offered four nights a week) cost A$75, including transfers from your hotel, folding-stool seating, hot beverages, and cookies. The company also offers four-wheel-drive Outback stargazing adventures farther afield.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's