Getting Here and Around
Distances in this part of the continent are colossal. Flying is the fastest and easiest way to get to the Kimberley.
Qantas and its subsidiaries fly to Broome from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide via Perth. Direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane are twice a week. Air North has an extensive air network throughout the Top End, linking Broome to Kununurra and Darwin. Virgin Blue also services Broome from Perth and Adelaide. Skywest flies to Broome from Perth and Kununurra. Broome's newly renovated airport is right next to the center of town, on the northern side. Though it's called Broome International Airport, there are no scheduled overseas flights, but charter flights and private flights arrive there. Approvals are in place for international flights in the future.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe