Wildlife-Watching in Stanley
Stanley Seal Cruises. Twice a day, animal lovers can take a 75-minute journey on the motor cruiser Sylvia C. The cruiser takes you offshore to Bull Rock to see Australian fur seals in their natural habitat in Bass Strait. Dockside, Stanley, TAS, 7331. 0419/550–134. www.stanleysealcruises.com.au. A$49. No tours July–Aug.
Wing's Wildlife Park. This park, 50 minutes drive from Devonport, has one of the larger collections of Tasmanian wildlife in Australia, which as well as all the usual suspects includes an aquatic section where you can view albino rainbow trout and Atlantic salmon. Excellent guided tours can be tailored to your interests. 137 Winduss Rd., Gunn's Plains, Stanley, TAS, 7315. wingswildlife.com.au. A$17. Daily 10–4.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe