Tamar Valley Wine Route
Tamar Valley Wine Route Review
Along both sides of the Tamar River north of Launceston the soil and cool weather are perfect for grape growing. Outstanding varieties to try are pinot noir, riesling, and chardonnay; the sparkling wines produced here are world-leading. A map of the route, available for download at their Web site, will help you to plan your visit. Noteworthy stops along the route are Moores Hill, Hollyman wines at Stoney Rise, Clovery Hill, and Jansz. To help pace yourself, pop into Strathlynn Restaurant at Ninth Island for an unbelievable rustic lunch inspired by the microculture of the Tamar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more