Hiking in Hobart
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pick up a Mt. Wellington Walk Map from the tourist office on Elizabeth Street in Hobart to make the most out of the park that towers over Hobart. Although shops around town stock outdoor equipment, you should bring your own gear if you're planning any serious bushwalking. Sneakers are adequate for walking around Mt. Wellington and along beaches. A car is necessary to access several of the trails around the peak.
Adventure Seekers. Go hiking with this guide company—you can choose from a range of breathtaking hikes around Tasmania. A nine-day South Coast trek starts in Hobart and explores the wild southern shoreline, but they conduct much shorter trips, too. TAS. 0400/882742. www.adventureseekers.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's